First Baptist Church Diamond Residency exists to equip, form, and send aspiring pastors and ministers to shepherd God’s people in gospel-centered, missional churches. It is designed to give prospective pastors and ministers hands on experience and formation in the local church with the goal of developing Christlike character, ministry skill, and gospel-centered doctrine.
• Immersion in the life of the church and exposure to all things church inside and out
• Regular interaction with pastors/ministers working on the ground level
• Monthly mentoring sessions with key leaders
• Develop your own field-tested theology during the residency program
Fall 1: Character Formation
Spring 1: Doctrinal Development
Fall 2: Ministry Skill
Spring 2: Evaluation
SCOPE & SEQUENCE
The program is spread out over two years, each year with Fall and Spring sections
required (summer optional). Each section contains a learning and living component. The theological learning will help you develop personal, theological convictions, while the living section will help you apply biblical theology to your leadership roles in community and your personal discipleship.
PROFILE OF A RESIDENT
This residency is for individuals who:
- Are called by God to pursue ministry.
- Demonstrate gifts of leadership.
- Demonstrate gifts of preaching/teaching.
- Desire further equipping to lead in the Church.
- Serve as a faithful member of First Baptist Church Diamond throughout the residency.
- Attend weekly staff meetings (1hr).
- Attend a weekly residents meeting (1hr).
- Complete all reading and assignments on time.
- Remain faithful, available, and teachable throughout the process.